Re: [TCML] New Geek Group Video - How to Wire A Tesla Coil

Chris:

Nice explanatory video.  This will be very helpful to new coils builders.

There was one error.

You mentioned changing the cap value or the pri induc geometry (value)
changes the res freq.  True.

You also mentioned, in the same sentence, changing the spark gap setting
changes the res freq.  Not true.

The spark gap determines the max potential the cap can charge to which, the
larger the better, as far as sec potential is concerned, but the spark gap
does not affect the res freq point of either the pri or sec system.  It's
setting only determines the voltage which is "shocked" fired into the pri
inductor.  Res freq is determined exclusively by the geometry of the
components, not the distance across the pri spark gap.

Just thought perhaps you missed this and might wish to correct it in a
future version as it could somewhat mislead a beginner to coiling.

Many happy sparks!

Dr. Resonance