[TCML] my medium sized tesla problem

hey everybody, I am having serious problems with my medium sized tesla coil.here is what im running; 10kv 30 ma nst, an mmc made up of 16 1.6kv .22 uf caps, for 13.6 nf's of capacitance, primary is 11 turns of 1/4 inch copper tubing, tapped wherever needed, my secondary is 1100 turns of 26 gauge magnet wire, with no gaps or shorts, my toroid is home made with plastic containers covered in tin foil to look and perform like a professional one, my spark gap is two bolts lined up in a 4 inch pvc pipe, my PROBLEM is when I fire it up with the caps in parallel with my nst, and my spark gap in series with the nst and my primary coil, my spark gap DOES NOT FIRE!... the caps are good, everything is good, I cant figure this stupid thing out!