Re: [TCML] Lightning on Sunday evening

The "gust front" that is pushed along ahead of the storm pushes some of the
charged ions along with the wind.  These can form a horizontal conductive
path, the energy flows thru it, and then, at the end, it does the step
leader thing down to the ground.  Normal range is around 7-10 miles max.

Coming to Tesla Fest 2009 on Aug 29th?

Regards,

DC