Re: [TCML] Photos of my coil.

Thanks Gary,

I reran the numbers through the calculator at www.deepfriedneon.com, and it
came up with .0127 microfarrads, so I Should probably use 3/4 of the string
as you advised. I heard that the cap value of the tank should be twice the
rated voltage of the transformer, but I've also heard that the polypropylene
film Cornell Dubilier capacitors I'm using have been proven very resilliant.
I think I'll combine the advice and say that 22kV will be ok :). Also, I've
been wondering if the equations at the deepfriedneon site are designed with
predetermined reference to the static gap detailed in the site's
construction page, and if I should use the site at all.

Thanks!

Austin

--
Austin