From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Yurtle Turtle
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 3:34 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Single ear piglet

Are you sure the LV and HV coils were actually shorted together? Did the
utility actually replace their pig? I lost a ton of things in two separate
lightning events, yet the utility's 14.4 kV 25 kVA groundhog was unaffected.
Surges can easily make their way "through" a pig or hog, without necessarily
ruining them. In fact, some of my damage was simply induced into my CAT5
cabling "antenna". I lost every network card (7) and my rack mount hub. That
lightning strike was CLOSE and scared the crap out of me. I was standing on
my front porch enjoying the show.

As to how my wiring affects a LV to HV fault??? Worse case I see is one or
both hot lines are shorted to my RF ground. So? When I liberated my wild
pig, it was fed by a single phase and a ground, with one ear grounded. Or
are you concerned with the HV coming back into my house via the LV windings?
I have a lightning arrester on the HV side, a TVSS on the LV side, filters,
fuses, and finally a breaker. But I don't see how having one side grounded
or not makes any difference. In fact, if the HV and LV windings become
shorted together, I suspect I'll no longer be producing any HV.

And what do you mean by, "I think it should be a saved PDF one horners!"?

I'm not trying to be argumentative; just trying to understand.

Adam