From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Lau, Gary
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:02 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: RE: [TCML] Polyurethane Finish Questions

Hi Greg,

Just how much cleaning is needed?  If it's just surface dust from lying on a
shelf, I would imagine that pretty much anything will do - water, Windex,
rubbing alcohol, whatever, provided you give it sufficient time to dry
thoroughly after cleaning.  If you're in a hurry to use it, then avoid the
water-based products.

As far as metallic drying agents, I've not heard that, but I've not looked
into it.  Realize that polyurethane is made strictly for finishing floors
and such, and that insulative qualities are not likely taken into
consideration in their formulations.  Also, dielectric constant and
dissipation factors are don't-cares for covering a secondary.   This is why
acrylic is OK to wind a secondary on, but not OK as a tank cap dielectric.
But my gut tells me that as long as the product is clear, it's probably OK
to cover a coil with.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Should I