RE: [TCML] GFI Transformer Help

Hello Matthew,

I recently purchased a new-ish Franceformer that contained a GFI, which was rated at 9/30. I was a little disappointed when I received it, since it hadn't any signs of being a GFI'd transformer. I ended up taking off the top because I knew that it wasn't the solid-state type (bigger box) and I found a little circuit board encased in epoxy. I took wires and connected the like-colored wires, then put a MOT in series with the primary connections on the NST so that, if I was shorting something, I would be safe because I had current limiting.

In the end, my first shot was successful, and I recommend Matthew to do the same (that is, of course, assuming that his transformer is not of the solid-state variety).

For our ease, would you describe the case dimensions and other physical properties of your NST, please, Matthew?

Good luck,

Christopher Karr