RE: [TCML] VTTC-My new tube coil

Roger,

If you are interested, I can send you a handful of 650pf x 18kv ceramic
capacitors for your tube coil. Chris used (I believe the value was in
the neighborhood of 2500pf x 30kv each) 2 sets of 2 in series for a
total of 2500pf at 60kv. A bit overkill on the voltage, but they worked
fine on his twin 833C coil. Refer to:
http://www.drspark.org/images/tubeiew.jpg

I tested 2 banks of 50each in series for a total of 0.018uf x 36kv on my
table top spark gap coil (12kv @ 60ma) for over an hour at full output
with no appreciable drift issues, as they never even got warm.
Efficiency wise they are not good for a spark gap coil as the spark
length was about 1/2 of normal, but they work real well on a VTTC.
They're not as frequency stable as their Mica counterpart...but mica is
big $$$. Refer to these images for setup:
http://www.audiotesla.org/images/Audio%20Tesla%20Pictures/833C%20Project
/RF%20Deck/Table%20Top%20SGTC%20with%20ceramic%20doorknob%20MMC-02.gif

http://www.audiotesla.org/images/Audio%20Tesla%20Pictures/833C%20Project
/RF%20Deck/Ceramic%20Doorknob%20MMC-02.gif

http://www.audiotesla.org/images/Audio%20Tesla%20Pictures/833C%20Project
/RF%20Deck/Ceramic%20Doorknob%20MMC-03.gif

For your project I would recommend 2 parallel stacks of six in series
for about 1950pf @ 36kv. You'll need 12 caps total for this arrangement.

Regards,
Hank