Re: [TCML] Why is it important to dry the PVC pipe?

I have trouble recruiting friends to help me with the winding.  My roommates
hate my tesla coils.  If you make a decent winding jig and properly centered
end-caps you can use a battery powered drill (preferably the variable speed
type) to drive the winding jig.  When I wound my 3.5" VTTC form I had one
hand on the drill trigger, and the other hand on the coil.  I made a little
holder for the wire so it didn't hop all over the floor and make a big
mess.  I used a 120V single speed drill to wind my 6" form.  I used the
variac to control the speed somewhat, it doesn't really work all that well.
Maybe I'm lazy, but I refuse to hand spin my forms.  I did that once, and
several hours and sore hands later I decided I would never wind a coil by
hand again.