From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Frosty
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 6:58 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Streamer heating using RF injection

I think that concept is what makes builing a tesla coil  a non-trivial task.
We normally build big spark gap oscilators or big inverters to supply such
rf energy and couple it to the secondary by a primary coil, but you could do
away wth the primary and just pump it into the base of the secondary. To put
another RF source into the secondary would just be like adding another 'tank
circuit' (sparkgap) or inverter (solid state), and to  have any reasonable
effect would need to be at a comparable power level to the main RF source,
which sort of defeats the purpose i suppose. Also i imagine you would need
to have it phased correctly with the 'primary' circuit.