Re: [TCML] Secondary Coil Wire

Robert Davies wrote:
I would also like to say and give props to all here for making this mailing list such a great place. I have been involved with other lists and all too many times they get corrupt with members bashing each other for various reasons or elitist behavior from the more knowledgeable members when newcomers ask questions that have been asked a million times before, I have seen none of that here and you can't believe what a breath of fresh air it is.

Hi Rob,

That still happens from time to time here on the TCML, so don't be too alarmed when it occurs. There is still some elitist behavior here and sometimes misinterpreted words which appear elitist (but are not). Part of the communication here is due to so many members coming from different countries, experiences, communication behavior, etc. We present and interpret words differently, as is our nature, and we relate the words written to that which we have encountered in our own experiences. But, sometimes, that interpretation is way off base from the meant expression.

Members have been rather calm, thoughtful, and non-elitist sounding lately, but realize that battles do happen from time to time. The TCML members do a good job at realizing they are talking with coilers from different walks of life, experiences, and of different countries (that bit of knowing helps keep things civil). Don't be overly surprised or critical when coilers get their tail feathers ruffled. It happens to all of us at one time or another. I personally see this as normal human bevavior. The important thing for me is that we keep it down to a calm roar and refrain from the cheap shots anyone of us could dish out.

I'm glad you've noticed a difference in the TCML as compared to other forums. Maybe that says something.

Best regards,
Bart