Re: [TCML] Florida coilers?

Hi John,

Dave Goodfellow is also in the Tampa-St.Pete area. I certainly
do not want to sound condescending but when you say that you're
15 years old and that you have a "10 kva pole pig to play with",
that concerns me a bit, from a safety standpoint. I'm sure that you
are aware of the inherent dangers of high voltage electricity but
with a fully energized pole distribution transformer, one mishap
that puts you in physical contact with its high voltage side will
likely prove FATAL! End of story! In my humble opinion, you
should just let the pole pig sit idle and collect dust for the next
few years until you have matured a bit more and have had that
much more experience with electricity under your belt before
you start actively energizing it for your entertainment. As I said,
I certainly do not wish to offend or "talk down to you" in any
way. I am just concerned for your personal safety. I (and proba-
bly a good percentage of the resident list members) would never
knowingly sell (or give) a pole transformer, or any other potentially
lethal high voltage device, to anyone under 21 years of age. How-
ever, I have to say that it does sound like you have already advanced
your basic knowledge of coiling pretty far for your relative youth.

Be careful,
David

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Forcina" <forcijo10@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 8:20 AM
Subject: [TCML] Florida coilers?

Hi. I am pretty new to the list but i have been monitoring it for a couple
months now so i decided that it was time to post.  I am 15 and i have a
large 6" coil that throws 6' streamers along with a half bridge sstc and i
am working on a drsstc. I live in Bradenton Florida and i was wondering if
there are any other coilers around the area that i can maybe meet and
exchange stuff with.  I have a 10kva pole pig to play with along with lots
of other cool high voltage stuff.