From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Stephen J. Hobley
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 11:28 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] Terry Filter - adding more MOVs than required

Does anyone know that if I populate my Terry Filter with more MOVs than required
(ie building a 15KV filter,and running it with a 12KV NST) would this harm the
performance in anyway, or reduce the protection?

I have a 12KV NST based system, and installed the correct number of MOVs, but
my variac as a 120/140V switch, which I assume runs the NST to 14KV at the 140V
position.

Would it be safer to install more MOVs?

Steve