From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Bob Arenella
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2008 7:25 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] pole pig ballasting

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:37 PM

Hi Jon,

                    I'm looking at two Thunderbolt welders for ballasting my

125KV X-ray transformer. One is a clean, older model with the shunt control
crank on the top. The other is a newer Thunderbolt XL with the shunt control

crank on the lower front. Any preference as to which one I should go for?

                    Just how is the xfmr designed to allow a variable gap
for current control?

Thank you,
Bob Arenella