From: Dr. John W. Gudenas <comsciprof@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 2:08 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Proper VTTC Coupling? (coil specs)

John
That sounds good. I have used magnet wire primaries up to 2kv on small 811A VTTCs and didn't have any problems.

Litz wire is a generic name for a technique to allow bundled wire to carry higher frequency currents with lower losses.  This is one of those situations that you need a chart that uses number of strands and strand awg to check on frequency and current.
Check this site for a quick idea: http://www.wiretron.com/litz.html ;

John W. G.

John W. Gudenas, Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science