Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi,
   I am a UK coiler... but I dont have any NST's spare..

Try joining the TCBOUK (Tesla Coil Builders of the UK) List at www.tcbouk.org.uk and asking there..

   Cheers
      Derek (www.extremeelectronics.co.uk)

G Hunter wrote:
Due to your short timeline, you may want to seek assistance from a nearby coiler.  The UK has a robust and active high voltage hobbyist community.  Perhaps one of your fellow Brits will sell you or loan you an NST.

The EU seems to have a 10KVAC upper limit on NST secondary voltage.  From what I have gathered on the mailing list, 25mA and 50mA outputs seem to be standard.  This is not really an issue.  A 10KV unit will do just fine if you can locate one.

Likewise, you can improvise a power supply using discarded car ignition coils or transformers liberated from dead microwave ovens.  Unfortunately, HV power supply design and construction doesn't lend itself to haste.  An NST is ready to use as-is.

Try contacting Richie Burnett...

http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/links.html

...or the Reverend Alan Sharp (in Corby).  Maybe one of these gents can guide you to a good NST source in London, or mail you a used one for a good price.

Cheers,

Greg

http://myweb.cableone.net/grcarhunter/

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Matt