Re: [TCML] 1924 "Practical Electrics" TC cover art

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, DC Cox wrote:

> Any idea if replicas of these covers are for sale anywhere?

No idea.   But I do know that I really need a pointy beard to go with my
white labcoat: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/science-and-invention/8-1.jpg

The site contains 200K magazine covers.  I see that the links to "buy" are
all leading to a search on the magazine name keyword.  The owner must get
some advertising income by directing people to any current sales on
amazon/ebay.

The info page at http://www.coverbrowser.com/about says that the site is
based on crawler which scrapes images from sources including company
archives, ebay, amazon, plus individual collectors sending in images.

Another one:

  RADIO CRAFT 1929-1949
  http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/radio-craft

But no Popular Electronics or Radio Electronics!  Waaah!  For a handful of
those, plus some actual articles, go to SWTPC Southwest Technical Products
history site:

   http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/PopularElectronics/
   http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/RadioElectronics/Radio_Electronics.htm
   http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/HandsOnElectronics/
   http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/ModernElectronics/
   http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/Poptronics/

There was more Tesla stuff on some of these:
> more:
>
> http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/science-and-invention
> http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/electrical-experimenter
> http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/electrical-experimenter/2
> http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/practical-electrics

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci