Re: [TCML] tube ID

Hopefully Robert Stephens will send you a data sheet direct. Here's the reply I got from him after a note on the Tube Collectors Association list:

"re:  EEV B1153, B1153B

Nice bottle! I have an EEV catalogue and this is the first glass envelope radiation cooled triode power tube in it. I can scann and send full datasheet to you if you provide an email addy.
Quick specs are:

Pd 0.8 kW max
VA  6.0 kV max
50 MHz max
Fil 6.3 volts @32.5 amps
Amplification factor 22
mounting vertical only base down

As a class-C power oscillator
Power out 2.7 kW at 100% duty cycle
Power out 3.7 kW at 50%
Power out 4.6 kW at 20%

That would make a sweet vac toob TC project! Similar to a pair of parallelled 833A's."

Ed

Nick Andrews wrote:

Yesterday, I parted out two optical spectrometers (I think), one of which has an RF power module with a tube in it, an EEV B1153.  Does anyone have a good place for info or even a data sheet on this one?  And is it good for a tube coil?  It is a pretty big sucker.  Thanks.

Nick A