Re: [TCML] European Coil

Hello I'm arjan from the netherlands. I'ts my first post on the list so i hope in turns up as it should.

I built EMM++, the coil in the article with a friend of mine.
We have been building coils an perform with them for some time.
We founded a foundation, EMM, ElectroMagntic Magnificence to be able to make this monster.

EMM++ is a DC resonant sparkgapper. It uses 4 of DC. Cox 100nf 80Kv capacitors
charged to 28Kv.
In the picture it runs at aprox. 150 Bps so about 25KVA
After some more fiddling with the sparkgap we should be able to go up to 600Bps at 100Kw.
The coil is about 5 meters high. 3 meters windinglength, and does around 7-8 meters of sparks
at the moment.

The picture was taken during second light on top of a science museum in Amsterdam.
A better quality picture is on our website. I'm afraid it's all in dutch but there is some eye candy
to see as well.
www.emmag.org

By the way "spektakel" means spectacle. bacon hoist is quite funny. spek=bacon. takel=hoist.