Re: [TCML] Diesel for transformer oil?

Or see how much sulfur hexaflouride gas costs from AirGas.com or some such ;-))  Anybody tried a SF6-insulated x-ray tranny before?  It's probably way more $$, but then you might justify the cost by giving it the "original science" label ;-)

Also:  I've never managed to get Diala AX for < $10/gal, and that includes long before the oil price bubble.  Fortunately, I've never needed > ~7 gal at one time.  My two local oil joints have been selling for ~10/gal for as long as I can remember, in 5gal increments.  I suppose I'm probably getting ripped, but then the other option would be to ship it, and that would make it way more expensive!

I hear the laxative stuff is [relatively] cheap, however I've also heard you need to add some manner of preservative to it if you don't want it to go sour.

Cheers,
Aaron, N7OE