Re: [TCML] Taming the Beast: Inductive Ballast vs. Variac, PFC

I think I've seen some pictures of that on your big
bruiser coil. It looks nice and is probably less prone
to flinging stuff as the disc looks well supported on
both ends. Good electrical isolation too.

I'm sort of new to this ASRG thing. I've always fussed
with the SRSG and getting it to phase properly and
I've never been very good at that. I don't have a real
good idea of how the ASRG works, but I think the
concept is that you have enough power (pole pig) to
charge the tank capacitor quickly for multiple firings
in each AC cycle (>120). So as long as there are
multiple electrode presentations, the phasing doesn't
matter.
Is that correct?

=== message truncated ===