Re: [TCML] SISG Damage Report

Hi Bart,

I never ran up and grabbed them to check :D

But I think they were running VERY "stone cold" in all cases as far as I know... "I" have never seen a hot SIDAC... SIDACSs are either full on or off so heating "should" not be an issue as far as I know. But if the board is "on fire", strange things might happen :D

Terry

bartb wrote:
Thanks Terry,

I was looking for this connection but never saw it in the data sheet and could only guess. It's now obvious.

BTW, do you remember significant heating on the Sidac's with any of the Piranha setups? I've got to assume someone must have noticed heating or not by now. If heat-sinks are helpful, then I'm thinking that due to Mark Dunn's 12 Sidac setup along the board edge would make mounting a single ribbed Al bar across all 12 with a single insulation strip to isolate each Sidac very easy and plenty of mechanical strength.

Bart