Re: [TCML] For the SISG experienced out there

In a message dated 5/8/08 9:37:04 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>It is a dangerous coil in the fact that there are no audible  warning signs
that power is applied until
>the Sidac's fire! Certainly a coil that could bite lethally if one  is not
follow a procedure.

    FWIW, I control the pig primary current through a  big contactor in the
control cabinet. I use a foot pedal switch as a "deadman"  control. Lighted
E-stop button and pilot lights for visible indication and  the cabinet fan is
loud enough for an audible. By no means "legal" by any  standards, but helps keep
it safe. For God's sake, we're using pole transformers  and MOT stacks to
power these things, so there's no second chances...

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities

favorites at AOL Food.