Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:49 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Primary coil supports

Steve,
I think that wood is unsuitable as it seems to become conductive after used with high voltage. I once drove two nails into a piece of wood and connected them to the outputs from a microwave oven transformer. The nails were too far away to arc, but after several seconds, arcs began to travel across the wood and burned it. When it began to arc very hot across the burned path. The wood then caught fire.
-Clive

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:
Is wood a bad choice for primary coil supports? I see a lot of plastic being used, but I seem to be able to work more cleanly in wood...
 Steve
 Stephen Hobley Photography
www.stephenhobley.com
317 201 4281