From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of bartb
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 9:00 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] BPS Testing

Hi Gary,

Yes I did cause confusion. I was talking about the ratio of extra breaks
that occurred from a calculated value. I noticed that the ratio of extra
breaks increased by 11% and that is what I was trying to get across. But
as I read my own writing, I realized it would cause confusion so I was
trying to clarify (apparently that attempt failed also). I was just
curious if we would see a greater percentage of those "quick" breaks
with higher voltage and the answer is yes. Does that help? I now want to
explain those quick breaks.

I'm curious on your thoughts about measuring input current and bps at
the same time on two analog inputs. Any change in current would be time
stamped with these fast breaks. I can use the Pearson current monitor
and run the BNC output directly to the acquisition device. So if high
current peaks occur at these fast breaks, we can be sure current is the
cause and the best answer to that at this point is ferro resonance. But
if the current isn't involved with these breaks, then it is likely lower
voltage arcs and those are likely due to the breakdown voltage reduction
(ions). Even NST output current is an option here.

Take care,
Bart

Lau, Gary wrote:
Hi Bart,

I'm confused - When you say the firing rate increased by 11%, isn't that the same
as saying that the BPS increased by 11%?  I think most would interpret it as such.
Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA