[TCML] Depot NST Measurements

Hi All,

For someone not to long ago I mentioned I would remeasure my depotted 12/60 when my new hv probe arrived. Well, I had a chance today.

I performed open and short circuit measurements. Using a variac, I adjusted the NST input voltage in 10V increments up to 140V input.

Here's the raw data table:
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_RawData.gif

Here's a graph of input to output voltage (very linear):
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_VinVout.gif

Here's a graph of short circuit current:
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_Is.gif

And finally, here's a graph of the NST's coupling coefficient:
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/DepotNST_K.gif

So, for my NST, it became extremely beefy with 1/2 the shunts removed. I don't know what to say about others who have only doubled their secondary current. My NST ended up at a little over 200mA (for where I normally run). Obviously, I could send it to the grave if I pushed it too hard. But then, I've also ran a 30 minute continuous run with it pushing 5 foot sparks and there were no hiccups. Anyway, the data table speaks volumes.

Take care,
Bart