Re: [TCML] No-load NST's

> (Damn those mandatory GFCIs!!!)

In a message dated 6/27/2008 7:25:36 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
_pslawinski@xxxxxxxxxx (mailto:pslawinski@xxxxxxxxx)   writes:

>> On the contrary, I love those  GFCIs :)  They  are a common failure point
on
>> a NST, and I have a local shop that's  giving me their broken NSTs.  If the
>> GFCI fails it's quite a  simple matter to drill out the rivets on the top
and
>> hardwire the  transformer.

...Except most of them are now potted right along with the core and coil to
prevent you from doing just that. I suppose it was too easy to defeat the
unpotted ones (like Transco, for example) and I wouldn't doubt that they  were
forced to make the GFCIs integral to the transformers.

Tony Greer