Re: [TCML] Where to mount the HV Transformer? Under the coil or otherwise ?

There's no real reason to use HV cable for NST coils. If you're doing it for safety, then you need to take extra precautions to avoid damaging the insulation while setting it up and breaking it down. You also don't want to use coax, as it was never designed to be safe at 15 kV.

If you don't plan on touching it, then you can use regular 600 volt insulation (or bare), and either pull it through tygon tubing, through PVC pipe, or provide supports to keep it off the ground. I ran my pig powered coil for years with wire pulled through tygon tubing and never had any problems. If you use bare or 600 volt insulated wires, just be sure to leave enough spacing to prevent flashovers.

Adam