Re: [TCML] Current control

This does work but puts extra stress on the wiper brushes as the current
does not exactly divide in a linear fashion.  The auto-transformer effect
could put a high current across a small section of the winding and damage
it.

Better idea is to use a variable core reactor like I do.  Never have to use
any variacs at all.  Just pull the core out until the current hits the value
you require.  On the variable reactor and pole xmfr are necessary.  I've
used this setup up to 30 kVA with excellent performance.

Variacs for pole xmfr systems are rapidly becoming a thing of the past.

Dr. Resonance