[TCML] Where to mount the HV Transformer? Under the coil or otherwise ?

I have my transformers mounted in my control cabinet and run coax cable out to my RSG mounted under the coil , seems to work good no problems so far. I would not connect the braided part of the coax to rf ground , if there are any weak areas in the insulation between the center conductor and the braid or any microscopic holes it will eventually fail and you will have a short to ground and the cable could catch fire. I had a situation where I think there was a break in the center conductor and arcing occured which led to the white cable i was using turning black and started smoking . what I do is just strip the outer layer of plastic and expose the braid and connect it all together with the center conductor and leave lots of space between the 2 cables running out to the coil.

  Mike