RE: [TCML] Tuning vs Interference

If you're referring to radiated RF, I'll guess that interference decreases if a coil is out of tune.  But I'm curious.  What do you use for an RF ground?  The amount of (conducted) RF that is coupled into your mains wiring is directly related to the quality of your RF ground, and this is what may have done in your cable box.  Hearing what you used would be a valuable data point for the rest of us.

If I think about it, if a coil is out of tune, the primary energy has trouble getting to the secondary side, so it stands to reason that the oscillating primary will couple through the NST and into the power mains more-so than if it could dump the energy quickly into the secondary.  That's my shoot-from-the-hip analysis, anyway.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA