Re: [TCML] confused

Are pulsed DC trannies similar to AC in which the voltage goes "negative" compared to a 0 state? I was under the impression that pulsed DC rises to X voltage and then drops to 0. ( the core of the trannie doesnt "see" a flux reversal ).

Scot D

mddeming@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Reuben,
?Pulsed DC is mathematically equivalent to square-wave AC; the output is AC.?There is no such thing as a DC transformer, just sloppy terminology.

Matt D.?

You are incorrect in saying there is no such thing as dc transformers they do exist they pulse dc to simulate ac

Reuben