Re: [TCML] G-10 blistering

Using 1/2 inch brass rod for the feedthru eliminates this problem
completely.  I have never had one come loose and never use setscrews to
eliminate the cracking problem you described.  I run all mine at .75" in to
edge of brass rod.  This calls for larger rotors but it's safer.

I ream for .0005 differtial and use a large press (as you mentioned).  I
also always use a milling machine turntable to get the centerpoints .001"
accurate.

This is another reason (safety) why builders should use proper materials and
step up and always have a competent machine shop do this work especially if
the coil is going to be run in any type of public event.

The $50 you save by not using brass is quickly lost when you begin paying
attorneys.  Sure, your home insurance, or the public events insurance,  may,
under some circumstances cover it, but then their attorneys come after you!

Dr. Resonance