Re: [TCML] Electrical safety, was Greenhorn Coiler

Yes I must say I agree entirely. Why most of the time electric shocks are
not going to be fatal, you should always take every action to prevent them.
Things like bare wiring, charged capacitors etc are always a recipe for
disaster, but if you insist on having these things (which is usually
unavoidable  in tesla coiling), the best thing you can do is always operate
your coil from a distance, and unplug the power before making any
adjustments what so ever. And use bleeders on your capacitors, even though a
bite from an MMC is not likely to kill, its just extremely painful, you
should still take every precaution against it. (although i think everyone on
the list should probably realise by now, bleeders aren't always effective,
so to best solution I've found is to simply wait about 10 seconds, or short
the spark gap  with a conductor on an insulated handle).