Re: [TCML] re-pot

You might also try shorting the secondary terminals to the case, applying
power to the primary and letting it run for a couple of hours. This  should get
the core of the transformer pretty warm, giving you a head start when  you pop
it into the oven. Otherwise, it can take a very long time trying to heat  a
NST to the core when using only the hot air inside an oven to heat a  20 pound
hunk of steel, copper and asphalt to 400 degrees.

Tony G

In a message dated 6/12/2008 11:54:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,