Re: [TCML] All of my tesla coil questions (for now)

Yes, use the Terry filter and safety gap --- otherwise your nst xmfr will
fail.

Use 12 kV 60 mA nst --- $25 at most local neon shops, perhaps FREE if you
tell them you are a student.  Meet them face to face and show them some
pictures.

Don't use glass, very bad heat dissipation factor soaks up 25% of your input
power.  You don't build MMCs, you buy them.  Contact me off list --- I sell
them.

Use "double build" magnet wire --- better insulation.

If you contact me off-list I will give you my tel number and you can call
me.   I have a nice set of plans for a coil that will work right the first
time you plug it in!!!

Dr. Resonance