Re: [TCML] Dismal streamers (Part 2)

Hey Chris...

just a thought here but is there a chance the variac isnt supplying a full 120+ vac?

Scot D

CajunCoiler wrote:

Ok, here's the link for the accompanying video...

http://www.msbdatasystems.com/Media/Media_cc/kj2l.wmv

Now lets see if I can field some of the questions that have
already popped up...

1. Yes, the spark gap is set to the optimal gap setting, and
   is being properly quenched.

2. I used 30nf, because that would effectively double the
   potential joule (aka: "bang") size, which I pondered may
   give it an extra little push.

3. I have indeed checked for carbon tracking... not just in
   the secondary, but also on the spark gap mount, and
   the primary coil mounts as well.

4. The 60mA supply is provided by an identical pair of 7500/30 NST's connected in parallel. and yes, they are
    properly phased.

Pics, and some documentation can be found here...
http://www.msbdatasystems.com/cajuncoiler/whatsnew.htm

--
Rev. C.L. Mayeux
Owner, MSB Data Systems