From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of daniel lee
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2008 6:12 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] NST modification

Hey all,
I'm in the process of building my first TC.  I finished all my
calculations and was about to begin actual construction of the tank circuit
and coils, then it hit me;  my NST (13KV, .3A) may have a DC output.  I
checked resistance across the output leads, and sure enough the meter
read infinite.  This leads me to conclude that my NST has a rectifier inside
the case.
My question is:  would it be easier/simpler to design another tank
circuit OR  is it possible to just open the NST case and remove/bypass the
rectifier?
If i missed anything obvious please let me know.

Many thanks,
daniel