Re: [TCML] Extremely LARGE spark. 2

Gary,

Before you get too crazy make sure you do a little more research into
lightning protection.  The key to lightning protection is to provide a
low impedance path to earth ground.  The goal being to give any type
of surge (lightning, power line falling) a preferred path that doesn't
include through your homes electrical system.

Search around and you'll find information on whole house ground
systems.  Also look for grounding of HAM radio antennas or even radio
station antennas.  PolyPhaser has some interesting technical notes on
lighting and grounding.
http://www.polyphaser.com/technical_notes.aspx