To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 4:04 AM
Subject: [TCML] sstc

hi all,

I've just built my first sstc and it worked pretty much first go. Alas, it
no longer works! From what i can tell ive killed the lower two mosfets in
the full bridge, but the others seem ok. During operation, the heatsink on
these two would get warm (but not hot), but the other two would stay cool.
It is a full bridge of IRF740's running off about 300v. Does anyone know
what could cause the two lower mosfets only to die? they have transorbs
across the gate/source and fast diodes (mur8100e) across the drian/source,
and they (the mosfets) seem to have died completely short circuit (gate to
source/drain 0 ohms and drain to source about 70 ohms). When i order more
mosfets i will probably order bigger ones, but does anyone know what could
have killed these?

cheers
Jesse Frost