Re: [TCML] Primary selfC

Phil,

   That sounds like a real pain to tap, so I presume  you're tuning by
another method?

Yes, anything *but* altering the primary tap! variable caps... and yes I spent the best part of a year crunching all the variables :-|

   4 turns with 1mm spacing between each isn't going  to hold up very well
past a few kilovolts!

Its a solid state design, 800V is about as much as it will be driven.

the dia is about 22" so its a fair length and it could add up to a  few
hundred pF which is a real >problem.. so I need to know the  values...

The proximity of your primary to a ground plane (or the secondary?) might be
of equal importance for determining its  self-capacitance.

good point!

Chris