Re: [TCML] Power Factor Correction

Are you sure your NST is not pf corrected from teh factory?
Some are.? If it is, the?VA rating printed on the spec plate
will show a much?lower valuet than on?a non-pf corrected NST.?

A non-pf? corrected NST will probably show a VA rating of
about 2400VA.? A pf corrected NST will probably show a
VA rating of about 1800VA

Cheers,
John

without the PFC caps I'm drawing about 15A, with the caps I was pulling peak
currents of 35A!  If I'm increasing current does that mean my capacitance is
too high or too low?