From: bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] July 4th and why not to be in a hurry
Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 11:56 PM
Hi David,

I figured you were doing something like that with the motor
(due to statements of 300+ bps). Sure, a DC motor will do just fine. What type of HP is the motor (if you know)? As Adam so well listed, there are a lot of bells and whistles. If we wanted, the potentiometer can be put away and a 16 position switch could be used to run at 16 different predefined speeds. I did this early on, but didn't like it. The pot and ability to vary the bps make a difference in control. If your using variable speeds, I know you realize this as well (I have no
doubt).

Take care,
Bart