Re: [TCML] Yet another NST Depotting Topic

In a message dated 7/8/08 5:28:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Because of the 277v standard out side of a home I am surprised we  don’t see
more of them.

    Good point! Especially since 277V is very common  for lighting circuits.
And many NSTs go into exterior signage.
    Maybe it's easier for all the NSTs that see duty as  window signage and
decorations that might be frequently moved. When it comes to  commercial
interiors, 277V receptacles, plugs, and circuits are rarer, less  useful, and more
expensive than the ubiquitous 120V stuff.
    Since NSTs usually have split primary windings and  current-limited
cores, you'd think for a coupla bucks more they could bring  out the other ends of
the primary windings and rate them for 277-240/120V.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities