Re: [TCML] My last question on caps. I swear. (maybe)

Hey Nicholas...

not too sure about the spec sheet saying that the AC rating is that low but..

MFD is tha same as uFD its easier to print a big M than it is to do a little u What you want to look for in an AC/DC style cap is pulses per second or cycles per second or even in another case voltage reversal in CPS or PPS A cap capable of 300Khz (CPS) with an awesome current rating would be wonderful for coiling...

let us know who makes the cap or even the website so we can check out the spec in detail someone here can probably tell you if you are making the right purchase...

Scot D

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:

With a 9/30 NST I found my LTR capacitance to be .0124uF. (right?). I placed an order for 13 (1 more just in case I need an extra) 942C20P15K-F caps. They're rated at 2000VDC and .15uF. If I string them together in series, I'll get an MMC at 24000 Volts and .0125uF. Two things worry me.

1). The website says that it's rated for 2000VDC. I'm not using direct current. There's a link to a data sheet for the caps and it says that the voltage range is 600-2000 VDC or 300-500 VAC. If I series 12 of these together, will I get an MMC rated at 24000 VDC and only 6000VAC? Does this mean that I've got to string 48 caps to get an MMC that will work at 24000VAC? Or will 12 2000VDC caps work just fine?

2). The website shows a picture of the caps. On the side of the caps, it says it's rated .15MFD. Why would it say that? I thought 942C20P15K-F caps were rated at .15uF. This isn't a huge concern of mine, but it's making me worry about my purchase.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Nicholas Goble