From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ed Phillips
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:53 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] DUMB QUESTION OF THE DAY

    I have an application in which I'd like to be able to SOFT SOLDER a
short piece of 0.050" tungsten wire to the rim of a dime.  This is for a
spark gap which will never get warm but where I need to prevent erosion
of the silver such as I'm getting now.  I've tried a Google search and
found hints, but only hints, that it may be possible.  I could copper
plate the stuff I think but not sure and also not sure if that would
make it solderable.  I could also, with a lot of work, tin it with
silver solder but that's by far the method of last resort.

    Might also be possible to spot weld it?  Doesn't matter, don't have
the equipment.

Thanks,

Ed