Re: [TCML] I think I ruined my 6" secondary.

You can probably save it if you use a special coating designed for
transformer work, such as Dolph's AC-43 which has excellent anti-tracking
properties and is especially made for magnet wire.  Very high dielectric
strength too.  I carry it in gallons and could spare a quart or pint.  3-4
coats is all you need with this.  contact me off-list.

Dr. Resonance