Re: [TCML] Idea... And some info on my first coil in progress!

Um, regarding that "Inerteen" cap - that's a PCB-filled cap.
Considered hazardous material these days.  DO NOT throw it in the trash.
If it ever springs a leak, you have a serious problem.  Find someone to
take it off your hands and make it their problem. :)

Andrew Power wrote:

I'm new to the coiling thing and have enjoyed reading through some of the old lists. I joined the mailing list and find it very difficult as well as inefficient. I have forum software loaded on my web servers and I'm pretty
sure that the addition of a Tesla forum wouldn't use much bandwidth or
system resources. Would this be something that the coil community would like??? I just figured hey, it's free, why not give it a shot... Anyway, I have started building my first coil, and I'm not sure how I can make all
this work together.  Here is what I have so far:

4X - 1200 watt MOT
1X - 12kv 30ma NST

I don't know if these are suitable for Tesla use. I just happened to come
across these for free.  I'm really hopping these can be used.

Cap1
Plasticon
ADC 20WIES-M
1 MFD