Re: [TCML] RE: musing on lists ( Wireless Transmission Theory)

William Beaty wrote:
What if
I give the coil a 90deg kink, can I stop the waves and reflect them back?
Sharp bends in wire affect the impedance, so yes the impedance discontinuity will cause reflected power.
(A kink in the "electricity hose.")  Or, can I connect three together to
form a "Y" junction and have the waves divide evenly?
Google hybrid power combiners, transmission-line transformers, Wilkinson power dividers/combiners.
  Or build a SPDT switch with no moving parts?  Are there any microwave devices which would
still work with such a waveguide?  A "tesla circulator?"
There are such things as circulators, magnetic and piezo-electric power modulators. There based on the properties of non-linear magnetic and piezo-electric materials, not linear transmission lines. It use to be magnetic amplifiers would control things like the turrets of battle-ships. But I guess now for really high power stuff you look to plasma devices.

I can't help but suspect that if I knew how to make the right shape waveguide, and stick it in my microwave, and ionize the plasma, I could spew out hundreds of kilovolts if not megavolts of accelerated electrons.
Corum concepts tell me to morph a TC secondary into a weird shape, then
see what sorts of interesting topics might come up.  Don't just build a
big Tesla coil.  The more brain-stretching and impractical it is, the
better.

:)
I understand art (therefore relative beauty) to be a selective-recreation of reality, according to what the artist believes is significant and meaningful. Though modern art seems to be more about self-doubt, shock and awe.
topics are distasteful to the engineering viewpoint.  They are off in the
unknown, out in the realm of uncertainty, filled with error associated
with trial. "Weird stuff?"  Very probably wrong?

Aren't Tesla Coils are "Weird stuff" too?