RE: [TCML] Pig SISG - Day 3

Phil:

You must have pulsed DC or the SISG will turn-on and never turn off.
Adding filter capacitance will smooth the pulses and prevent it from
working.

SISG coils are extremely reproducible.  The semi's operate the same way
consistently and there are no wear parts in a solid state gap!

You can use a much higher tank cap value to optimize this application
My 4 in SISG coil can use up to .168 uF and I am only using MOT's to charge.

Your PIG can charge that tank cap much faster than my MOT's.
When you are out of tune on the SISG coil it wants break-out points.
When you get it tuned it will break-out on its own with even longer
streamers.

Analyze your coil using Bart's JAVATC.  As you increase Cap size, you can
predict near exactly how many turns to tune the primary, then see where you
are on BPS, and increase cap size more until BPS is 120.  Also, verify
correct elevation of secondary coil base with JAVATC.  Some of your
secondary corona problems sound related to that.
Keep up the good work!!

Mark